- The conference is called the Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC) and is co-owned and managed by WYSE Travel Confederation, trading as WYSE Services B.V and also co-owned by the International Au Pair Association (IAPA).
- References to WETM-IAC shall include WYSE Services B.V, WYSE Travel Confederation and International Au Pair Association.
- Delegate and organisation will mean the person or persons registered to attend the conference.
Participation is open to organisations involved in youth and student travel. WYSE Travel Confederation will confirm registration as a delegate after payment has been received. WETM-IAC is a business-to-business conference and is not open to members of the public.
3. Cancellation policy
- Registrations cancelled before 18 December 2018 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid
- Between 18 December 2018 and 8 January 2019 25% of registration fees will be refunded, providing the delegate has not accessed Marcom ACE. In the event that the delegate has access his/her Marcom ACE account, no refunds will be available
- From 8 January 2019 no refunds are available
- In the case of visa refusal and upon the submission of the relevant documentation, WYSE Travel Confederation will refund 100% of the registration fee paid less an administration fee of EUR 150, provided the delegate has not accessed Marcom ACE.
- Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to email@example.com
4. Registration name changes
Registration can be transferred from one delegate to another within the registered organisation for no charge before 25 January 2019. On and after 25 January 2019, an administration fee of EUR 150 per name change will be charged.
5. Registered organisations
All delegates will be registered to the registered organisation and cannot be changed to another organisation. Organisations can only trade on their own behalf, not on behalf of any other organisation. Membership discounts only apply to the delegates trading under the same member organisation name as registered with WYSE Travel Confederation or with IAPA. All membership dues must be paid in full before the event.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to access and edit your Marcom profile and to schedule or decline appointments on your behalf.
6. Protected trade environment
The protected trade environment will be the conference venue, social event locations and the hotel designated as conference hotel. Delegates must not trade with non-registered persons within these environments. Doing so will be deemed to be breaking the ethos of the conference and sanctions can be taken, that may include cancellation of the registration.
Only organisations attending WETM-IAC may meet and host other conference participants. We do not wish to encourage non-registered institutions to access and benefit from meeting potential business partners that WETM-IAC registered organisations have paid to meet.
7. Refusal of admission
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to refuse admission to the WETM-IAC conference to any delegate who acts in a manner that breaks the ethos of the conference or who brings the conference into disrepute.
WYSE Travel Confederation condemns any form of harassment, and undertakes to ensure that all staff, conference delegates and visitors are aware and abide by both its policy and the established procedures for dealing with such instances.
Harassment is behaviour which is unwanted, uninvited and unacceptable to the recipient. Harassment is defined by the impact on the recipient, not the intention of the person displaying the behaviour.
Harassment is unwanted conduct based on sex, race, disability, religious beliefs, political opinion, sexual orientation or any other behaviour which causes discomfort or humiliation to the recipient or creates a threatening, hostile or intimating environment. This can include unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct.
Examples of such behaviour include:
• Physical conduct ranging from touching to serious assault.
• Verbal and written harassment through jokes, racist remarks, offensive language, gossip and slander, threats, letters.
• Visual display of posters, graffiti, obscene gestures.
• Isolation or non-cooperation at work, bullying.
• Coercion, including pressure for sexual favours.
• Intrusion by pestering, spying, following, etc.
9. Force majeure
Neither party shall be liable or shall be in default of its obligations if such default is the result of acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism and its consequences, strike, lock-out, fire, explosion, flood, riots, civil disturbance, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, epidemics, health risks and pandemics or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party affected.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to defer or to cancel the WETM-IAC conference (without liability to the Delegate) in the event of a force majeure.
10. Delegate details and data protection
WYSE Travel Confederation will process the personal information provided by the Delegate as defined in Dutch law as article 10 & 13 of Dutch Constitution and the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens.
The Delegate consents to WYSE Travel Confederation using information as follows:
- WYSE Travel Confederation will obtain, record, store and use this information as necessary in connection with the Conference including transfer of the information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer its business assets (which includes information) on re-organisation, sale or merger of the whole or any part of its business;
- WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to process information as required for marketing purposes, to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, enforce or apply any agreements (including the Agreement) and protect the rights, property or safety of WYSE Travel Confederation, its employees, its clients and others;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer Information outside the European Economic Area for any of the purposes listed in this clause 9;
- If WYSE Travel Confederation intends to process information other than as set out above, the Delegate will receive notice and be given the opportunity to decline the processing.
Delegates may not share information from the trade catalogue or from Marcom ACE with anyone outside the conference.
Payment is to be made by credit card to complete the registration. Booths and sponsorship can be paid by credit card or invoice. Standard payment terms are 5 working days from the invoice date.
- Registrations made at the regular rate with unpaid balances that are outstanding for more than 5 working days may be subject to cancellation
- Registrations made on Early Bird rates that are not paid before the Early Bird discount period ends will be re-invoiced at the normal rate.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to cancel registrations for delegates, exhibitor space and sponsorship should the payment terms not be met.
Any delegate who has outstanding monies with WYSE Travel Confederation or with IAPA will not be permitted access to the conference nor a refund of registration fees.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to revoke usage of discount codes should they be used by delegates for whom they were not intended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check if you are permitted to use a discount code.
12. VAT and local taxes
The WETM-IAC registration fees and other charges associated with the conference are subject to local VAT or other taxes. WYSE Travel Confederation will take legal advice on these charges with the objective of avoiding additional costs to delegates where possible.
13. Advertising and promotion during the event
- Business appointments will take place at tables or booths as allocated by the scheduling system, Marcom ACE:
- The only type of display and advertising materials permitted at the tables are small items, such as posters, photographs and laptops, which can be placed on the table and do not obstruct the view of other participants’ tables. These promotional materials must be removed once the business appointment has ended
- Marketing materials and other items must not extend outside of the registered booth space and must not constitute any type of hazard to other attendees
- It is not permitted to distribute or display marketing material (pull-up banners, flyer drops, pens, etc) within the protected trade environments without WYSE Travel Confederation’s prior written approval. Such distributions will be considered as sponsorship, and will be charged as such
- Delegates are not permitted to host events of any kind which encourage delegates to leave the conference at any time during the conference programme.
- Communications in Marcom ACE are limited to business appointment scheduling only, and may not be used for promotional purposes.
14. Liability and insurance
Delegates and organisations should be insured against personal liability, fire and theft. WYSE Travel Confederation will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials or equipment how so ever caused. The participants on their part will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, and their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment. WYSE Travel Confederation will also not be liable for the loss of personal items.
Delegates are required to wear their conference badge and conference lanyard at all times during the conference programme. Access to the conference centre and social event locations will not be granted without the wearing of a conference badge.
All exhibitors are required to abide by the deadlines and conditions as outlined in the communications from Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC).
All exhibitors must be registered delegates.
All exhibition stand design must be approved by WYSE Travel Confederation at least four weeks prior to the conference.
The set-up of exhibition stands must be completed by 11:00 on the first day of the event. Stands not completed by that time may incur penalties.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to change or cancel exhibition booths at any time.
Booth cancellation can be made under the following conditions:
Booths cancelled before 18 December 2018 will be refunded 50% of the fee paid. On and after 18 December 2018 no refunds are available.
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing to email@example.com.
17. Media waiver
WYSE Travel Confederation will use image, video and sound recording to record certain parts of the conference. These recordings will be used as archive of the event and may also be used in promotional material for future events. Attendance at the conference is acceptance of these terms.
18. General conditions
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes will be reflected on the WETM-IAC conference website under Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of registered organisations and delegates to be aware of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of their registration and participation.
Organisations which have been disaffiliated or suspended from WYSE Travel Confederation or IAPA may not attend. Likewise, members who are not in good standing, as well as individuals who have been sanctioned by WYSE Travel Confederation or IAPA may not attend.
The Delegate will not assign, charge or otherwise transfer to a third party any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of WYSE Travel Confederation. WYSE Travel Confederation may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the Delegate.
Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
These terms and conditions are created under Dutch law.
Terms and conditions as at 20 March 2018.